Google Adwords is currently one of the biggest forms of digital advertising available to businesses across the globe.
Adwords is a form of online marketing which allows users to bid on keywords/search terms that people are typing into Google so they appear in Google’s search listings also known as SERPs (Search Engine Results Page).
This paid for search appears as an advertisement that the user can tailor to their specific business to promote products, services and a call to action encouraging people to engage with both business and brand.
Google uses two main networks for advertising:
Search Network– Bidding on keywords that are relevant to the business which means they have a chance of then showing their adverts to people searching for those keywords. (Example text ad in search results)
Display Network- The option of placing banner style advertisements on websites that are part of the display network. (Example display ad on websites) These ads follow you around whilst general browsing takes place.
Google Adwords offers a number of beneficial features which makes it an attractive advertising platform for businesses.
Reasons why Google Adwords will be beneficial to your business:
- Measurable – Track your results through conversions. Easily measure your ROI (Return On Investment)
- Flexible – Focus keywords and adverts to appeal to the audience you want to target
- Faster than SEO (search Engine Optimisation) and works hand in hand with SEO longer term
- Taking over the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages). Adwords currently dominates Google Search
- Engaging – Tailored adverts are more engaging to the audience than organic results
- Integrated – Works with other marketing channels to track user sessions across social media and the internet.
- Budget– You control the amount you spend on advertising and even the smallest budget can make a big difference
- Competitors – They’re using it so why aren’t you?!
Want to find out more about Google Adwords? If you would like more information and advice we offer a free no obligation review to discuss the right type of marketing for your business.